05 December 2011

the most wonderful time of the year.

because of my strong affinity for all things christmas, i have begun compiling a list of my favorite christmas song recordings.  here are some recent additions to my list:
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Ella Fitzgerald
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - James Taylor
  • Happy Xmas (War is Over) - Maroon 5
  • O Holy Night - Nat King Cole
  • White Horse - Over the Rhine
  • River - Rosie Thomas
  • River - Sarah McLachlan
  • Breath of Heaven - Sara Groves
  • Breath of Heaven - Amy Grant
  • The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
  • All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
I haven't really decided on any versions of my all-time favorite, O Come O Come Emmanuel or any other traditional Christmas carols.
What must-haves am I missing?  What are your favorites?

3 comments:

Katidid said...

I will re-visit your list, but I will say that Sufjan Stevens and She & Him both have excellent Christmas albums! You should check them out (if you haven't already) on Spotify!! :)

Katidid said...

Also Rosemary Clooney :)

liz said...

sweet! thanks sister. wish we could decorate and listen together!