1) a Dell computer technician named Vipin officially pronounced my new-er laptop (less than a year old) dead. Yes folks, the motherboard is kaput. The truly remarkable thing about it is that my old laptop... which was purchased before I started college at NYU(!)... is still going strong (also a Dell). In any case, this has added in the delay of my posts.
2) We had our first typhoon. OK, this isn't so much an excuse but a distraction. Fact of the day, which I have been sharing every chance I get, did you know that typhoons are the same exact thing as a hurricane, except hurricanes are on the Atlantic Ocean and typhoons are on the Pacific? Fascinating! :) Like I was saying... we had our first typhoon which actually proved to be more relaxing (and dare I say exciting) than anything else. All that we experienced were some serious winds and heavy heavy downpouring for several days.
3) My third excuse is that I'm student teaching. This one explains itself.
All to say, I hate that I'm been unfaithful to this thing and thanks for your patience and friendly reminders to update (Adam, Jill, Jen, Deborah, Tammy, Kate and Kelly) :)
------
What else can I tell you...
Skype is a new found love of mine. If you ever feel like a chat, send me (us) an e-mail to set up a skype time.
Two weeks ago was Spiritual Life Week... and I am working on a post about it since it is too long to include in an update. So when you see it, you'll know what it is.
Life is getting busier by the minute. I have been offered a chance to help out with the fall drama; it would be such a wonderful opportunity, but it may do me in since rehearsals would be every night until November. If you think of it, please pray for me.. for wisdom. I have to decide by this weekend.
Sorry this post is lacking that extra "oomph" I had hoped it would possess.
I think I should leave you with photos instead of continuing to think of nonsense updates.
Here's to more regular posting!
This is Andy's new favorite food - it's called a Rice Burger.But I like it because it's so small!
The smallest container of Haagen-Daas I have ever seen... and eaten from!
Elaine took me to get my hair washed and dried after a very long Friday.45 minutes of pure bliss (oh and the scalp massage helped a bit :) )
It was the most relaxing experience I had all year... can't you see how happy I was?

Happy Belated Mid-Autumn Festival!During Mid-Autumn Festival, people typically give these pastries called "moon cakes."
These were from Arthur.
happy to be going grocery shopping!
because he's so nice to me.
if you look carefully, those are SHARDS of glass to protect whatever was behind that wall.terrifying.
a large tree in front a preschool we pass on our way to Starbucks:Merryland Academy.
a "mistake" photo that turned out really nice.
the "right" one... on our way to where else? starbucks!
another funny sign.this one is for a construction site.
some pretty fantastic van art.
typical parking in our neighborhood.
andy's "you're taking another picture?" face.
@ the bucks of star... this was taken moments before an employee told me i can't take pictures in starbucks.
the best picture i could get of the typhoon.i need to work on shutter speed... rain is not the best model for photographing.
and that's all folks.
good night!
8 comments:
So. How far away from the ocean are you? Does a typhoon hit land like a hurricane does? We had a big one hit Texas...pretty devastating stuff. I thought about you last weekend because we were in Washington DC and I kept thinking "I bet Liz would love this." Student teaching is a good excuse...I used it on everything. I am glad you got a chance to post though! I love your updates! I know you will make the right choice for you regarding the fall drama. My advice...if you feel passionate about it, do it! You will find strength and time for all your committments. If you look at it and you are already thinking "Ugh." then don't.
Anywho...I best be going. Say hi to Andy and continue doing good!
Hugs,
Jen
Finally an update- yeah!!!!!Although our weekly phone calls are great to keep us filled in.
Well mothers do not want to hear you making light of a typhoon-actually 5 people died and 3 are missing do a bridge that went out in YOUR county!! Anyway glad you just got the rain- Praise God!!
I agree with Jen about the drama decision and just pray about it. I love the photos esp of your cute Andy adoration!! He is a great guy we love him too!! love carolee
P.S. You straight hair photo looks just like me in college-YIKES.
Wow - not sure I'd want to take on another responsibility. Will that leave any "white space" in your life? That's actually pretty important, evenfor an indestructible person such as yourself! What does Andy think about the drama?
So, two of the other ARC trainees just got moved to Ft Wayne to take up the Center there - we are so relieved that it wasn't us. We know just enough to be dangerous. We are really enjoying the men ane the job, and are finding unexpected great joy in the work.
Jon's running a marathon soon and Betsy will come home for the weekend to watch - can't wait! Wish you both were here...
Love the update and of course all the photos!! esp. the sbux! hehe i was hoping you would include one...ps do they have any weird drinks there? just curious... also your hair looks great and is getting SO LONG!! ps you should let me even it out for you someday haha...i promise it will work out better! LOVE YOU! toodles!
hello my darling friends!! i JUST NOW was able fro the first time to view your blog...i have no internet at home and well...boooooo!
So, it is good to catch up on your life abroad. I miss you and am praying for you.
Tricia Volling
Liz....I finally got a chance to check out your blog! And, my excuse? Well, I think you know what that is...
Looks like you and Andy are having a wonderful time, and what a beautiful place to be together!
The best to both of you!
Miss you lots!
Debbie
Ok so here's the deal. Now that you have your fancy phone service, you no longer feel it necessary to update for the little people out here. So I am going to take you OFF my favorites if you don't get busy!!! And don't tell me you're too busy - MY GOODNESS, WHAT DO THEY TEACH YOUNG PEOPLE THESE DAYS!!!
Post a Comment